Industrial Accidents and Explosions Lawyer
Explosions, fires, and industrial accidents are hazards that make industrial work environments incredibly perilous to employees. The trial-tested attorneys at Mithoff Law have extensive experience conducting independent, thorough investigations of industrial accidents and explosions using our team of subject matter experts. Our investigations commonly include an analysis of root causes and contributing causes, detailed materials analysis (including metallurgical testing or industrial CT scanning), human factors, and many other scientific and engineering disciplines.
Call us today at 713-654-1122 to discuss your case and litigation options.
“Mithoff has been one of Houston’s most respected attorneys for decades, handling such high-profile cases as the aftermath of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Enron-related litigation on behalf of J.P, Morgan Chase and highly publicized bus and plant explosions.”
– Houston Chronicle, June 26, 2019
The experienced lawyers at Mithoff Law have helped multiple clients win or resolve high-profile cases involving industrial accidents and explosions, including:
Tens of Millions Paid in Texas City Plant Explosion Settlements
Mithoff Law represented the families of five workers killed in an explosion at a Texas City refinery. Those cases were ultimately resolved on a confidential basis.
$5.5 Million Settlement for Man Severely Burned by Explosion at Sugar Mill
Obtained a $5.5 million settlement for a man who received second and third-degree burns over approximately forty percent of his body as a result of an explosion at a sugar mill.
What are industrial accidents?
An industrial accident refers to any accident that occurs in a non-office work setting, typically in mines, construction sites, chemical or electrical plants, and factories. Because these worksites often feature dangerous chemicals, heavy machinery, and sometimes require employees to work odd or long hours, the effects of industrial accidents may include catastrophic injuries, such as:
What are industrial accidents caused by?
Because of their potentially devastating consequences, employers are required by law to work toward the prevention of industrial accidents and can be held legally accountable should they fail to do so. Despite these regulations, industrial accidents still happen. These are just some of the many types of industrial accidents:
- Explosions and fires: When working with hazardous chemicals or machinery on job sites such as refineries or oil rigs, explosions and fires can occur due to a number of potential factors.
- Falling objects: Jobsites such as construction yards that feature heavy or sharp equipment require workers and supervisors to pay close attention. When dangerous objects are left in perilous positions, people can sustain devastating or even fatal head injuries should those objects fall.
- Chemical exposure: In addition to burns, blindness, and severe injuries caused at the moment of exposure, harmful chemicals can contribute to fatal diseases including cancers.
- Slips and falls: In fast-paced, high-intensity work environments, it’s crucial that employees and their supervisors remain vigilant in keeping job sites clean and enforcing safe behaviors. Failure to do so can result in multi-story falls that can permanently injure or even kill the employee and those around them.
Contact an Experienced Industrial Accident and Explosion Lawyer at Mithoff Law Today
Accident victims and their loved ones should seek representation from a skilled industrial accident and explosion attorney as soon as possible. The attorneys at Mithoff Law have decades of experience in this area, and can assist with your claim.
If you or a loved one have been injured or killed in an industrial accident, call us today at 713-654-1122 to meet with one of Mithoff Law’s industrial accident and explosion attorneys to learn about your options.