Janie L. Jordan’s Attorney Profile
Ms. Jordan has focused her practice on commercial trucking, industrial accidents, automotive products, and maritime accidents. She has handled over 50 cases involving commercial trucking, commercial fleets, and 18 wheelers. She has represented individuals injured in industrial accidents such as plant explosions and accidents and oil field mishaps including failure of a pipe wrangler and fracking pipe. She has represented individuals injured in maritime settings, such as an offshore crane collapse, injuries suffered while onboard vessels and injuries suffered dockside accidents such as crane and forklift accidents.
Ms. Jordan’s legal expertise has been included in several publications and professional conferences throughout her career. She has served on the State Bar of Texas Committee on Court Rules, proposing changes in rules and statutes concerning civil procedure to the Texas Supreme Court and the state legislature.
Ms. Jordan received her BA from Louisiana State University and later graduated with her JD from South Texas College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Lytae and served as Executive Editor of the South Texas Law Review. After graduating from law school, Janie served as a briefing attorney for the Texas Supreme Court working under The Honorable Oscar H. Mauzy. After completion of her clerkship with the Texas Supreme Court, Ms. Jordan received her Masters of Law in International Business Litigation from the University of London.
Product Liability & Wrongful Death
Member of team that represents a motorist who sustained serious and permanent injuries, including paraplegia, when the motorist’s Nissan Titan truck rolled over during the course of driving along a roadway that was under construction, where the roadway surface had been excavated with a drop-off into dirt and/or gravel. Plaintiff has asserted negligence claims against the roadway contractor, SMC Builders, Inc., and the Texas Department of Transportation, and has asserted design, manufacturing, marketing, stability, handling, instruction, and warning product defect claims against Nissan.
Additional significant cases
Family of Fire Fighter Killed in Bike Wreck Awarded $39 million in Wrongful Death Suit
The family of Houston fire Capt. Mark Braswell, killed three years ago in a bike wreck won a wrongful death verdict of $39 million, targeting one of the nation’s largest landscaping companies.
Fellow, State Bar of Texas
Fellow, Committee on Court Rules, State Bar of Texas, 2007
- Texas SuperLawyers, 2012-2019
- Order of the Lytae
Honors & Awards
- Texas SuperLawyers, 2012-2020
- Order of the Lytae
- – Texas
- – U.S. District Court, Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- – U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- – U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- – U.S. Supreme Court
- University of London, Queen Mary & Westfield College, LLM, Master of Laws in International Business Law
- South Texas College of Law, JD,
- Order of Lytae
- Executive Editor, South Texas Law Review
- Louisiana State University, BA
- – Richard Warren Mithoff, Tommy Jacks, & Janie L. Jordan, Breast Implants: Opt Out? And a Look Back to Plaintiff’s First Win, TTLA 5th Annual Medical Malpractice Conference (October 6, 1994);
- – Richard Warren Mithoff & Janie L. Jordan, At the Threshold of Trial: Navigating a Sea of Pretrial Issues from the Plaintiff’s Perspective, Advanced Medical Malpractice Course, Santa Fe, NM (March 16-17, 1995);
- – Richard Warren Mithoff & Janie L. Jordan, Trial Tactics in the Aftermath of Tort Reform, TTLA 7th Annual Medical Malpractice Conference (September 19-20, 1996);
- – Richard Warren Mithoff & Janie L. Jordan, After the Handshake, Terms to Remember: Getting More Than Money For Your Client, 8th Annual Medical Malpractice Conference (September 18-19, 1997);
- – Richard Warren Mithoff & Janie L. Jordan, Advanced Jury Selection Techniques: Plaintiff’s Perspective, Advanced Medical Malpractice Course, Santa Fe, NM (March 13-14, 1998);
- – Richard Warren Mithoff & Janie L. Jordan, Is Bad Faith/Stowers Still Alive?, Texas Trial Lawyers Association Advanced Personal Course (August 20-21, August 27-28, 1998);
- – Richard Warren Mithoff & Janie L. Jordan, Mastering Jury Selection: Use of the Juror Questionnaire, LTLA Winning With Masters Seminar (December 18-19, 1998);
- – Richard Warren Mithoff & Janie L. Jordan, Proving the Impossible: Patient Safety and the Peer Review Privilege, Health Law News, (Vol. XII, No. 3, March 2000).;
- – Richard Warren Mithoff & Janie L. Jordan, Bringing Down Goliath: How to Prepare and Try a Malicious Credentialing Case, 8th Annual Advanced Medical Malpractice Course, Santa Fe, NM (March 15-16, 2001).