Bicycle Accident Law Firm
Looking to hire an experienced bicycle accident law firm? Mithoff Law has trial-tested bicycle accident attorneys prepared to help you pursue claims against responsible parties. We’ve won large verdicts and settlements against responsible parties, and worked diligently to get clients on the road to recovery.
If you or someone you know was injured in a bicycle accident in Houston due to motorist negligence, faulty road conditions, or a defect in the bicycle, help is here. Get your case off to a winning start by working with a top bicycle accident law firm.
Call Mithoff Law today at 713-654-1122.
“Mithoff has been one of Houston’s most respected attorneys for decades, handling such high-profile cases as the aftermath of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Enron-related litigation on behalf of J.P, Morgan Chase and highly publicized bus and plant explosions.”
– Houston Chronicle, June 26, 2019
What to do if a car hits you on your bike
Bicycle accidents can occur anywhere and at any time. Whether you were crossing a busy intersection or just riding peacefully in the bike lane, if a car hits you on your bike, follow these steps:
- Get to safety: If possible, try to move to a safe place off the roadway.
- Call 911 and seek medical attention if necessary: Your health is the most important thing. If you sustained serious injuries due to the accident, do not prioritize the next steps over getting medical attention. Even if you are not critically injured, call the police: they will write an accident report that documents relevant facts and identifies potential witnesses.
- Exchange information: Write down or take photos of the other parties’ driver’s license, insurance card, and license plate.
- Collect evidence: Take detailed photos of where the accident happened, and collect the names and numbers of any witnesses. Should you be unable to collect adequate evidence, the bicycle accident lawyers at Mithoff Law partner with experts to recreate the accident and gather specific details to pursue your case.
- Receive continued medical attention: After the adrenaline of a bike accident wears off, new symptoms may appear. It’s important to pursue treatment, such as physical therapy, surgeries and follow-up appointments, if needed.
- Contact one of the best bicycle accident law firms in Houston: Evidence can disappear or be harder to gather after an accident, so don’t hesitate to contact a lawyer to work on your behalf. The bicycle accident lawyers at Mithoff Law can answer questions during a free consultation and offer suggestions on how to proceed.
You are not alone: Bike accidents are a common problem in Houston
Bicycle accident fatalities in the Houston region peaked in 2016 at 198. In 2017, the number of deaths dropped slightly to 167, and will hopefully continue to decrease.
When you take into account how few people ride bikes here due to our high humidity and sprawling landscape, Houston would seem like an unlikely candidate to be 4th Deadliest City in America for Bicyclists, but has nevertheless earned that distinction.
While statistics can be powerful, what’s even more powerful is seeing the white-painted ghost bikes on the side of the road signifying where fatal accidents have occurred. A clear representation of the dangers present on our roadways is this map of ghost bikes.
If you’re a cyclist who’s been injured in a car and bicycle accident or a bike-on-bike accident because the other party didn’t share the road, just know you are not alone. Our team of bicycle accident lawyers can help.
Hire a trial-ready bicycle accident law firm in Houston
The bicycle accident lawyers at Mithoff Law effectively negotiate with insurance companies on behalf of our clients and are ready to take your case to trial if a resolution cannot be met.
By putting our client’s interest first and for handling every case with the highest level of integrity, our Houston law firm has generated a solid record of success.
Call us today at 713-654-1122 to get your case off to the right start.