Houston Personal Injury Attorney
When you or a loved one has been in an accident, you need a personal injury attorney that you can trust. The personal injury lawyers at Mithoff Law have the experience and dedication to help you and your family through what might be some of the toughest times of your lives. While we work on building you the strongest case possible and fighting for maximum compensation, you and your family can begin to heal.
“Mithoff has been one of Houston’s most respected attorneys for decades, handling such high-profile cases as the aftermath of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Enron-related litigation on behalf of J.P, Morgan Chase and highly publicized bus and plant explosions.”
– Houston Chronicle, June 26, 2019
Why go to Mithoff Law for your Houston personal injury attorney
The Houston personal injury attorneys at Mithoff Law are fearless advocates. We have earned the reputation for being some of the best personal injury lawyers in Houston not only because we are well-versed in many types of personal injury cases, but also because we care about our clients.
Led by the example of Mithoff Law founder and renowned trial lawyer Richard Mithoff, a Houston personal injury attorney at our firm will never forget that your personal injury case is about you, your injuries, and your story. The impact of this approach on the success of our cases is well documented in our record of success, but L.M. Sixel of Houston Chronicle put it especially well in her article “Lawyer Richard Mithoff: a study in empathy:”
“[His] sense of empathy has helped Mithoff become one of the nation’s most successful trial attorneys, championing the cause of consumers, senior citizens and distraught families against leading corporations, major industries, and other powerful interests.”
Of course, it takes more than empathy for a Houston personal injury attorney to win a case. That’s why the attorneys at Mithoff Law are also known for the thoroughness of our pre-trial preparations, our ability to connect with a jury, and our ruthless commitment to getting you maximum compensation.
Mithoff has been the subject of profiles in a number of publications, including:
- Texas Super Lawyers “Legends of the Law” (“notching hundreds of $1 million-plus personal injury and commercial verdicts and settlements;” “an uncanny ability to grasp the heart of a case and craft persuasive arguments to sway judges and juries”)
- Houston Chronicle “A Sense of Empathy” (“a sense of empathy has helped Mithoff become one of nation’s most successful trial attorneys;” “connecting with both judges and juries through his mild manner and straight-forward approach.”)
- Detroit Free Press “Liability of Silence” (“Beating big corporations with big verdicts made Richard Mithoff one of the country’s best-known product-liability attorneys.”)
- Houston Business Journal “Attorney Wins Cases for Causes in Trials by Fire” (“one of the state’s most prominent legal renegades”)
- The Texas Lawbook “Richard Mithoff: Million-Dollar Verdicts that Save Lives” (“wins the old fashion way–by out-thinking outworking and outperforming his opposition.”)
- Texas Super Lawyers “Straight Up and Unshaken” (“a master at connecting with a jury.”)
- Texas’ Best Lawyers “Richard Mithoff Fighting for an Emotionally Charged Verdict in Louisiana” (“one of the most emotionally challenging of his storied career.”)
- Lawyers Weekly USA “The Richest Small-Firm Lawyers in America” (“clients flock to Mithoff knowing he can get the job done quickly.”)
- Houston Press “Best Civil Attorney” (“legal dynamo developed his considerable skills, grace and guts under the best.”)
Mithoff has received a number of awards in recognition of his lifetime achievements, including:
- Texas Super Lawyers Top 10 in Texas
- University of Texas Distinguished Alumnus Award view video
- University of Texas Law School Lifetime Achievement Award view video
- Lifetime Excellence in Advocacy Award Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists (see tribute by Justice Tracy Christopher)
- Leon Green Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Legal Profession Texas Law Review (see tribute by former Chief Justice Tom Phillips)
- Professional Excellence Award, Lifetime Achiever — Texas Lawyer
- Lions of the Bar – The Texas Lawbook
- Champion of Justice Award – Texas Watch view video
- Chrys Dougherty “Good Apple Award” – Texas Appleseed view video
- Jurisprudence Award – Anti-Defamation League
Mithoff has been elected to fellowship in the American College of Trial Lawyers, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, the International Society of Barristers, and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
OUR HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS HAVE WON THE TOP AWARDS IN THE INDUSTRY
Forbes top 10 trial lawyer in nation (1989 & 2005)
Lifetime Excellency Award from Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists
Texas Top 10 SuperLawyer (Mithoff — 2003-2007, 2009, 2011-2013, 2017-2022)
Professional Excellence Award – Texas Lawyer, 2016
Jurisprudence Aware – Anti-Defamation League, 1997
J. Chrys Dougherty Good Apple Award – Texas Appleseed, 2008
Best Lawyers in America
Personal injury practice areas at Mithoff Law
Whether you need a car accident lawyer, wrongful death lawyer, or medical malpractice lawyer, a Houston personal injury attorney at Mithoff Law can help. We’ve successfully fought for personal injury claims in these areas and more:
Find your Houston personal injury attorney at Mithoff Law
Those injured by the negligence or misconduct of a company or institution need that company or institution to take responsibility for their compensation. When a company’s greed gets in the way of your right to rebuild your life, that’s when a Houston personal injury attorney should step in.
Your case matters. You and your family matter. And if you want to convince a jury of these facts or make a company own up to their truth, then your choice of Houston personal injury attorney matters, too. Mithoff Law knows what it takes to go up against companies that think their clout absolves them of doing what’s right.
Call a Houston personal injury attorney at Mithoff Law today to set up a free consultation.
2-year-old girl hit by foul ball at Astros game suffered skull fracture, attorney says
June 26, 2019Read More
ASTROS A foul ball, a child’s fractured skull and first overture to Astros about a settlement
June 26, 2019Read More