Houston Business Lawyer - Commercial Litigation
The Houston business lawyers at Mithoff Law have represented business owners via traditional litigation and alternative dispute resolution methods since 1984. We have helped businesses large and small handle complex partnership disputes, contract disputes, indemnity claims (including with respect to mineral interests), FINRA arbitrations, insurance disputes, ERISA claims, shareholder or securities actions, and more.
As is evidenced by our precedent-setting results, Mithoff Law possesses the resources necessary to address complex, multi-party business litigation. Contact Mithoff Law if you’re looking for a:
“Mithoff has been one of Houston’s most respected attorneys for decades, handling such high-profile cases as the aftermath of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Enron-related litigation on behalf of J.P, Morgan Chase and highly publicized bus and plant explosions.”
– Houston Chronicle, June 26, 2019
What does a Houston business lawyer do?
Businesses are built on relationships between clients, employees, and other businesses. When a business enters into a dispute with one of these parties, they are not always able to come to a resolution without legal assistance. A Houston business lawyer at Mithoff Law can help businesses navigate these disputes, which can be time-consuming, costly, and complex.
How do I choose a business lawyer?
Although the details of cases change from client to client, there are some commonalities in what constitutes a suitable business lawyer. When choosing your Houston business lawyer, make sure to vet for one that has the following:
- Experience handling cases in your industry and/or the ability to leverage strategic partnerships with other firms that are industry experts
- The ability to position you and your case for the most profitable outcome possible, even if that means going to trial
- A reputation for integrity and tenacity
- A strong history of achievement in and out of the courtroom and in-depth knowledge of local and state regulations, laws, and statutes
At Mithoff Law, our award-winning Houston business lawyers at Mithoff Law Firm embody the values and experience required of responsible business lawyers. When we take on your case, we do so with one main objective in mind: get you and your business in the optimal position for justice to be served for you and your business.
Why choose Mithoff Law for your business litigation?
Mithoff Law has decades of experience handling all types of commercial disputes. We are often asked to assist with pre-suit mediation and arbitration. The business litigation attorneys have represented clients in several landmark cases during the past 50 years. These cases include:
- Overstated safety records by BP: Attorneys for BP investors told a federal judge that the British oil company misled the market for years on how safe its deep-water drilling operations were in the lead-up to the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Representing the City of Houston against big banks: The city of Houston filed a lawsuit against 16 international financial services giants, seeking damages related to the alleged manipulation of the London Interbank Offered Rate, which impacts global financial instruments and interest rates.
- Defending Vantage Drilling against fraud: Nobu Su is a major shareholder in Vantage Drilling and was a director of the company accused of breach of fiduciary duties. Mithoff law helped New York-listed Vantage Drilling launch a fraud suit against Nobu Su, the Taiwanese shipping tycoon who controls around one-third of its shares.
How much does it cost to hire a business lawyer in Houston?
The fees and costs associated with hiring a Houston business lawyer vary from case to case, and will depend upon:
- Your attorney’s experience
- The amount of time necessary to complete the case
- The complexity of the case and the number of people involved
- Your location
Do note that a conscientious, experienced business lawyer will not waste your time chasing dead ends, tackling topics where they possess little knowledge or settling for lower than you deserve. These mistakes add up fast, which is just one reason why investing in an established firm like Mithoff Law can save you money over time.